Active, continuous and effective mentor relationships can create fantastic results to help mentees achieve their potential. MWAS is seeking mentors for athletes, coaches and officials.
Who would make a great mentor?
To be a mentor with MWAS, one should:
- Be a great listener
- Be a strong communicator
- Understand the commitment and work required to be successful in sport, business or anything in life
- Be able to guide people to be their best
- Be non-judgemental and open
- Be keen to help others
- Be able to provide the mentee with the time required. The time commitment will be negotiated and agreed with the mentee.
- Be committed to integrity – Will always encourage mentees to comply with anti-doping rules and other rules of their sport
Benefits to the mentor
- Opportunity to be a positive role model for Mid West athletes, coaches or officials
- Opportunity to attend MWAS events and functions
- Receive satisfaction when your mentee succeeds. They could become an Olympic medallist!
- Have a profile on the MWAS website that promotes you (optional)
How to become involved
Simply email or call the MWAS CEO to express your interest.
firstname.lastname@example.org 0487 846 283
All mentors of athletes will be required to provide a copy of a Working With Children Check.
To be announced soon.... Watch this space!